Seeking professional with at least two years of experience in office management, project management, event planning, administration, and/or customer service for position with D.C. nonprofit promoting health.
Physicians Committee’s Mission and Vision
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is a nonprofit health organization dedicated to saving and improving lives through good nutrition, advanced medical research, and public policy advocacy. Our vision is to create a healthier world through a new emphasis on disease prevention, plant-based nutrition, and scientific research conducted ethically, without using animals. We invite you to visit our YouTube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard’s blog.
About this Career Opportunity
We are looking for an Office Manager to join our Office Services team. The Office Manager will partner with a team of managers on a broad scope of areas of responsibility including:
- Operational aspects of the Physicians Committee’s headquarters which includes a primary care medical center as well as a nearby residential guest house
- Selection and maintenance of systems, equipment, furnishings, and supplies including vendor management and contract negotiations
- Oversight of cleanliness, safety, and organization including emergency response preparedness
- General office services support including responding to staff requests, preparing work spaces for team members and guests, and document management
- Project management including the implementation of new technologies
- Meeting and event logistics including on and off -site meetings and events
- Construction oversight, should we expand our office or medical center in the future
This is a full-time position located at the Physicians Committee’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. (Friendship Heights neighborhood on Metro’s Red Line).
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a professional with at least two years of work experience related to office management, project management, event planning, administration, and/or customer service. This position requires being proactive, organized, and detail-oriented and the ability to multitask and resolve problems under pressure. It’s an active and challenging position that also requires being tech-savvy and self-study to become fluent in several web-based systems. Finally, the position requires being positive, assertive, and collaborative with colleagues and vendors. The position provides opportunities to learn about plant-based nutrition, alternatives to the use of animals in research and education, and nonprofit administration and advocacy in addition to office and project management. Experience working in a nonprofit setting is a plus.
How to Apply
In your cover letter, please tell us about your interest in our work, your work experience, and your career objectives. Click here to apply online. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
- Address 5100 Wisconsin Ave NW Ste 400