Seeking Medical Assistant with exceptional customer service and clinical administrative skills and an interest in plant-based nutrition to assist clinicians and medical staff with superior patient care.
About Barnard Medical Center
Founded by Neal Barnard, M.D., president of the nonprofit Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, the Barnard Medical Center is a new model for medical care that integrates plant-based nutrition education and disease prevention into providing top-of-the-line medical care. The Barnard Medical Center takes advantage of years of research conducted by the Physicians Committee research team and other researchers, showing how a new approach to medicine and nutrition could help prevent and reverse serious health problems.
About this Career Opportunity
The Barnard Medical Center is looking for an experienced Medical Assistant to join our team. If you have experience in a medical setting, and exceptional customer service and clinical administrative skills, we want to hear from you. This full-time position will involve triaging patients, phlebotomy, and performing a complete range of clinical administrative duties in our state-of-the-art primary care medical center in Washington, D.C. (on Metro’s Red Line in Friendship Heights).
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a team player who wants to work hard and go the extra mile for our patients and will tackle their work collaboratively with a positive attitude, professionalism, and dedication. Successful candidates will have demonstrated success with:
- Triaging patients. Patient safety is our first priority.
- Phlebotomy. Drawing blood is an integral part of our practice and candidates should have a phlebotomy certification or equivalent experience.
- Providing excellent customer service to patients in person and via phone. We approach our patients with respect and courtesy.
- Providing clinical administrative support to the clinicians and practice administrator and assisting with patient education and support initiatives. We hold our work to the highest standards, down to the last detail and work as a team with our patients, their families, and each other.
- Assist in front desk coverage as needed
If you share these qualities, are passionate about plant-based nutrition education and disease prevention, and are looking to help people make lifestyle changes to maximize their health, we’d like to hear from you.
How to Apply
In your cover letter please describe your prior work experience, your strengths, and your interest in integrating plant-based nutrition education into medical care.
Please create a Candidate profile (In the Resume section) on this website and apply directly below this job post.
We look forward to hearing from you! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.